Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Another Year Older, Still Limping

Clearly I'm not blogging on any sort of regular basis anymore. But I do still remember my password. When I first logged in, Google flipped out and wanted me to provide my social security number, a recent photo, a sample of my blood and the combination to my locker in high school back in 10th grade. But I did manage to get past all of these obstacles and now here I am to blog about my most recent workouts.


They mostly all suck. I'm running slower than ever. Yesterday I 'fartleked' and the part that was supposed to be sprinting didn't really qualify as anything of the sort. I was just running faster than I jog, but that's about all. The week before I had gone jogging for the first time in at least 6 months. During the warmer, sunnier months I had been cycling. I had assumed the cycling would maintain all the muscles that I work when running, and perhaps work a few others that running didn't seem to affect. I discovered last week while jogging that this is not so. Certain muscles on the front of both thighs let me know beyond all doubt that they had been unused and sound asleep for quite awhile and didn't appreciate having me wake them up in mid-run. I spent the next several days limping like Frankenstein.

This week, after running, I decided to avoid the Frankenstein-effect of muscle stiffness and cover myself in ice packs. I didn't get everything, but I did manage to ice the muscles that had caused me so much pain last week. Today its mostly my calves that are stiff and sore.

Anyway, I'm still here. Still workout out. Still don't look like I work out. At all.


No comments:

Post a Comment