Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stolen Half a Meme



My last post updating the situation with the new gym didn't exactly inspire a lot of interest from anyone at all, so I'm dropping the post I was going to do today and doing this half-a-meme that I stole from Julie at Momspective.

38: How did you spend Valentines day?
I spent my Valentine's Day trading Valentine's with my significant other. And then we ate and drank and watched TV and agreed that we were going out on Saturday night instead of the Thursday night that Valentine's Day actually fell on because A) everyone else was out that night B) we were already tired and C) we had to be at work the next day and didn't want to go to the office smelling like genitalia and alcohol.

39: Do you eat enough vegetables?
No, but I watch a lot of vegetables on TV doing the network news. I mostly try to make up for my lack of vegetables with meat. If I shape a pound of hamburger like an apple I count it as being an apple. Same with carrots or celery - shape some hamburger like a carrot and it counts. Works for me.

Horror movies - Blah blah blah!

40: Do you like horror movies? How about thrillers?
Sure, I like horror movies if they're well done. I don't like really lame horror movies that aren't trying to be lame and don't seem to realize how lame they are. Or, if they do realize they are lame and make it into a joke then that's fine, too. I remember one time at a party we were all slightly inebriated and one of the Friday the 13th movies came on, so we all stood around the bar drinking and shouting at the movie. That was a blast.

Thrillers are a lot more fun to me than horror movies, but again, they have to be well done. Just having action for actions' sake, or a constant tension which doesn't seem to really lead anywhere unexpected can be tiresome. I'm thinking of a lame thriller I saw the other night, but the title is escaping me just now. A good thriller has to make you care that the protagonists are stressed. If you don't like them or care then you find yourself hoping they die and the movie ends. That's no good.

41: Do you like scotch?
Sure, I have a bottle of Glenleven, or however you spell it, in my cabinet and I like it just fine. I don't guzzle it or suck it through a funnel or anything, but I like it.

42: Who is someone you would never swear in front of?
Jesus, and by Jesus I don't mean the Mexican guy who repaired my roof a year or so ago. I'm talking about the Jesus who turned water into wine and then walked on water which technically he could also have turned into wine but probably didn't because it would have been murder for all the fish. Not that I think he'd strike me with lightning or anything, but probably he wouldn't be too thrilled to hear it.

43: Coolest thing you’ve ever seen on Halloween?
Jamie Lee Curtis fighting off Michael Myers after he'd killed her naked friend in a hot tub. Everyone wore really high-waisted paints in that movie, which was the style at the time, apparently.

44: If you could change your natural hair color, would you? To what?
I can't really imagine that changing my natural hair color would have all that much of an impact on my life except to make people avoid me or otherwise mistreat me for looking weird. I don't think I'd look quite right if I were suddenly blonde or auburn-haired. If I went jet black it would shock people, but not impress them. If I went flaming red then I'd just be a ginger and nobody really wants to see that. Honestly, I can't see how this would benefit me.

Photographing models - easier to screw up than you might think

45: What subject would you take if you were forced to take a free class?
Photography 201 - models. I used to be really into photography and I shot a lot of photos of people, but there are things about shooting models that are specific to that area of photography. I stumbled around a lot trying to figure those things out on my own and it would sure be nice to just take the class I skipped and get all the info in one shot rather than wasting some girl's time and then having her look at the photos and think you're a freak who just wanted to get her alone like a serial killer, but don't really know what you're doing. That's embarrassing.

By the way, never tell a girl that you're a photographer and have shot models and then try to prove it by taking her photo using your Blackberry. Those things have the worst cameras known to man and I don't know exactly why. You can't take a good photo of a person with those phones. It always looks awful and then, again, they think you're lying and probably a serial killer.

46: Do you use a reusable grocery bags?
Never. I have 2 cats and I need those crummy grocery bags to scoop the poop into. Have you noticed how cheap WalMart's disposable bags are? Every single one of them already has holes in the bottom by the time you get it home. That makes them all useless for cat litter because it leaks out and pours all over the floor. Stupid Walmart.

47: City or nature person?
Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm riding a motorcycle down a trail I'm a nature person. Except I don't like when deer run across the trail and nearly decapitate me. Not that they enjoyed it so much either. If I'm looking to buy something I prefer the city because there are more stores and they have to compete and their prices tend to be lower. 

Makeup - can only do so much about your face

48: Have you ever used something other than “makeup” as makeup? (Like paint? Markers?)
I don't use makeup. For Halloween I usually buy some mask that includes all the details already so I don't need makeup on my face. One lesson I learned from that is that if you're going to a Halloween party it is a bad idea to wear a mask that covers your entire face. You can't have a conversation with your mouth covered and you can't see well and generally communicating with your friends is hard. And you can't eat or drink anything. 

49: Do heights bother you? Can look look out the window on the top floor of a skyscraper?
Heights don't bother me any more than a normal average person. I'm not comfortable standing right on the very edge of a 1,000 foot cliff leaning over, but I don't mind going up and looking over from a few inches from the edge. I didn't know that my brother was afraid of heights until we worked together at a company that wanted him to get in a 'bucket' and be lifted up onto the roof of a metal robot cell we were constructing and he wouldn't do it. He said he was afraid of heights and absolutely did not want to be lifted up in the bucket truck. I thought he was crazy and went and jumped into the bucket and they lifted me up there. It was fun. 

50: Post 5 awesome things about your blog. BRAG AWAY!
1) It's mine so no one else can stop me from posting whatever I want
2) No one reads it
3) #2 is not very awesome, but it's true
4) I am glad for the few people who do read it and especially the ones who leave comments and talk to me.
5) I fully intended for my blog to be rather clean and mostly G or PG, but I couldn't get the URL omgfml.blogspot.com and I couldn't get OhMyGodFML.blogspot.com either, so all that was left was the one that I got, which of course has the F-word right in it. Oh well.


16 comments:

  1. No one reads your blog.... You have 26 followers. That's plenty readers!

    We have no choice here than to use the reusable shopping bags. Not sure on the other states in Australia, but here in South Oz, plastic bags have been banned for at least 5 years.
    If you happen to forget your reusable bags, they charge you 10c for a biodegradable plastic bag.
    Becomes rather expensive if you forget every week.

    Dare I ask? Why only half a meme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ute, I do appreciate having 26 followers, but I don't know how many are actually reading. Some posts I get 4 or 5 comments on, if I'm doing well, but others I'll get maybe 1, like the previous post where you and I talked and no one else came to the party.

      I think originally the idea of the plastic grocery bags was because it was super cheap and the handles were more convenient than paper sacks. They're just all-around better than old paper sacks when it comes time to carry the groceries inside. But unless the cost of recycling them comes down I suspect their future may be limited.

      I don't know what half a meme, actually. I stole it from Julie and that's the way it came. I should probably go back and see if I missed the first half like a moron.

      Delete
  2. Lol, I like the vegetable answer :). Go meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, your last question, #5 cracked me up! I am a bit disturbed by the makeup photo though...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PaddedCellPrincess, I tried so hard to have a clean blog and right from the start I am stuck with this URL that includes the big F-bomb. Augh!

      The makeup photo is a bit scary. She has so much going for her, but whatever she did to her face is just .... soooo wrong.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Raymi, thank you so much! I think your blog is pretty awesome, too. You make me want to visit Toronto because it looks like so much fun.

      Delete
  5. So you don't want to be a ginga ninja!!!

    I use a combo of recycled bags & store bags - need something to put the pussy poo into!!!!

    I like your blog :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AlleyCat, I would think a ginga ninja would have a tougher time hiding because that flaming red hair and gleaming white skin would shine in the dark.

      Delete
    2. hahaha yes, they would. Have you heard of Tim Minchin? He's my fave ginga ninja!

      Delete
    3. AlleyCat, I have never heard of him. What does he do, or maybe I should ask, who is he?

      Delete
    4. www.timminchin.com is an insanely talented comic & musician & I think he would be right up your sense of humor alley. Sometimes he's so clever I've missed the joke. Go check out his You Tube stuff. He is amazing.

      Delete
    5. AlleyCat, I'll check it out. I like insanely talented people, especially when they're funny.

      Delete
  6. I actually love your blog title, it's what drew me to you (besides the memes). I think you're hilarious and I hear you on the swearing thing. In real life I swear like a trucker and I used to swear a lot on my blog but I do a lot of PR work and I was fairly sure I'd lose some clients if I kept up the way I was going so I try to limit myself now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JulieMaloney, from the moment I settled on this blog title I was concerned that I was going to alienate people who expected it to be nasty. So I'm glad to learn that you like it and aren't put off by it at all.

      I have had a swearing habit since I was 4 and my older brother taught me almost every curse word known to man while handing me cigarettes and teaching me to smoke. Oddly, I shook the smoking habit before starting first grade, but not the cursing habit. Years later, when I started writing an old blog I had before this one, Australian bloggers came and taught me a few new creative words and before I knew it I was cussing people in 2 languages with ease. (I'm counting Australian as a separate language because the Kiwis of New Zealand swear Aussies don't speak proper English.) I work in a field where cussing isn't unusual, but apparently mine stands out for its ferociousness and expert level effectiveness. I drop the GD far too often and even offend myself, and then back it up with the big C-word that so few Americans are accustomed to hearing. I have to explain to people around me that I work with Microsoft products and this is why I cuss so much. This usually takes care of any misunderstanding as almost everyone knows how frustrating Microsoft can be. Still, one day after I'm dead I'm going to have a lot of curse words to answer for.

      Delete