TODAY IS 11/12/13!!!
This is the last fun numerically consecutive date we'll have for a very long time. Let's have a party!!!
Speaking of parties, remember when I blogged about my doctor putting me on testosterone patches? Well guess what? I quickly turned allergic to them. And then, one night at a party, I had a massive reaction to something I ate or drank at the party. I didn't know what, specifically, so I went on with me life as if everything was fine.
My allergy to the patches got worse, meanwhile, until finally my shoulder swelled up like a grapefruit where the patch was and I told my doctor I could not wear these anymore because I am definitely allergic.
Later, wearing no patch at all, I went to a friends house. He gave me a vodka and cranberry juice to drink. It was good and he gave me another.
That night, just like last time, I had a severe reaction. My whole body turned red. I itched like mad. I loaded up on antihistamines, but it only helped a little. This went on for several days.
My friend had been burning incense. At the party where I had reacted the first time, I had been around people smoking. I wondered if I reacted to their smoke. I wondered if I reacted to my friend's incense.
But the main active ingredient in the testosterone patches is "Alcohol USP" and that has nothing to do with smoke of any kind. It has to do with pure grain alcohol.
I appear to have developed a severe allergy to alcohol. In all likelihood I reacted to the beer at the first party. We were at a brewery, after all. And I likely reacted to the vodka at the friend's house.
Think of what this mean, no beer and no vodka and even swabbing me with alcohol to clean a wound or give me a shot is potentially a problem!
UGH!!! OMG FML!!!!