Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

Doomed. This blog is doomed. I know that this blog is doomed because I have gone over 1 month without posting anything. I've never done something like that before.

I'm still working out, mostly running. And most of my running is on the treadmill. I don't know how much I should count that as running. It's more like trotting electronically. Its an electric trot. Yes, that's what I'm going to call it from now on. I have been going on 3 mile electric trots 2 to 3 times per week on a fairly regular basis. It's been awhile since my last injury. That's a big relief. Of course, it's also been awhile since my last race and I have been running more slowly in an attempt at avoiding further injury. I'm pretty sick of the whole constant injury thing. But I'm equally sick of running at a ridiculously weak pace.

I'm fartleking a lot now. It's not because I'm strong and free of the fear of injury. I wish it was. Its because I'm sick of running the same 3 miles on a treadmill while watching the same Seinfeld rerun in the same cinderblock room, day after day. I just want something to break up the monotony. Fartleking allows me to convince myself that the workout will end more quickly. It doesn't, but I feel less bored.

Other than this, Merry Christmas! If you're still reading this blog after so many have bailed on me then I owe you a Christmas card. If you want it, send me your name and address and I'll send you the Christmas card. :-)


7 comments:

  1. electronic trotting. I like that. Goes well with the word fartlek :-) I think I finally understand people hating on the tready, last time I trotted on one I was so not into it. BUT when it's snowing out & blowing a gale its gotta be better than nothing. Glad you've avoided further injury so far. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AlleyCat, I've found that with a running partner on the treadmill next to me and the TV tuned to something entertaining enough to keep me distracted, plus poor weather outside, I am better able to tolerate the monotony of the treadmill. But when its just me there its really, really mind-numbing.

      Delete
  2. If you want to break up the monotony, all you need to do is break the monotony - change everything you're doing. No, you're blog isn't doomed. Maybe that's where you should start.

    Merry Belated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BlueGrumpster, I have made some changes, but my workouts are still the same. I need to break out the free weights. Merry Christmas!

      Delete